As you likely know, Westwood Congregation runs on the gifts of time, creative energy and money from our members and friends.
Each week we take a collection but we also consume and celebrate the energies of many volunteers. These include:
- two persons to make and serve coffee and tea that follows our Sunday service.
- one person to arrive early to set up and then monitor the sound and other audio visual equipment.
- one person to greet, distribute hymbooks and service guides, collect and count the offerings
- one person to serve as service leader
- others to contribute their music, shovel snow, tend to the garden and lawn, build and maintain the website and newsletter, undertake special cleaning, serve on our Board and with our compassion bank, organize special events and help with maintenance and cleaning work
- many more large and small volunteer contributions
We have a reliable volunteer signup system on our web site http://www.westwoodunitarian.ca/volunteer-signup/ . Have you checked it out lately? This system shows you the upcoming volunteer needs, confirms your commitment to volunteer with an email and then sends a reminder email a day or two before your opportunity to serve.
Our faithful Sunday morning volunteer coordinator Mike Gallagher is finding that it is becoming increasingly difficult for him to recruit volunteers – especially for coffee service on Sundays.
As the familiar slogan reminds us “Volunteers don’t get paid because they are worthless, but because the are priceless”
We hope you will all enjoy the challenge and opportunity of committing your time and energy to Westwood.