The following items were discussed at the meeting:
- Aspects of Westwood’s 2016 Stewardship program were planned and the Vice President will call a meeting with the Stewardship Team to continue planning.
- Plans for the February 21, 2016 Congregational meeting were finalized. The Congregation will vote on motions regarding an application for a casino licence and a Stewardship Program, entitled, Joyful Giving.
- Tax receipts for 2015 donations are ready and will be available for pick-up in the sanctuary after Sunday service on February 7th and 14th. Remaining receipts will be mailed to donors.
- Our administrator Elaine and her husband have volunteered to build a sidewalk “sandwich” board to help promote Westwood programs and events.
- A Nominating Committee Chair is needed to help with succession planning for the 2016 – 17 Board of Directors. Terms for four of the five current trustees will end June 30, 2017.
- 1) to adopt a policy statement that, in the interests of security, the specific amount of donations at any Westwood event should not be released for general publication including social media and the website, without specific authorization of the Board.
- 2) to support in principle the establishment of a Ministerial Discretionary Fund, through an annual special collection and directed donations, to be administered by the minister for the purpose of helping people through financial crises. Reverend Anne will draft a description of the purpose and process of the fund.