The Board invites you to register now for September 27 – 29th to
attend all or part of a special weekend workshop entitled:
Thinking About Our Westwood Home
- Friday September 27, 2019 6-8 PM: Potluck Social. Meet Wayne Walder, our guest facilitator.
- Saturday Sep 28th : Workshop includes lunch. 9 AM – Noon: Where are we now? Are we sustainable in our current building? 1-4 PM: Where would we like to be in 10 – 12 Years?
- Sunday Sep 29th 10:30 AM: Sermon by Rev. Wayne Walder, Castles in the Air: Dreaming about a better building.
- Sunday 1 -3:30 PM: How can we build a strategy to get there from here?
- Free for Westwood Members and Friends
- $30 for others. Due on Saturday morning at the event.
- Required for all participants click here.
- No registration needed for Sunday morning service, of course. All Welcome.
Rev. Wayne Walder is the minister at Neighbourhood Unitarian Congregation in
Toronto. He will facilitate discussions about Westwood in relation to the space we
use. The Board is currently moving ahead with the construction of a new
accessible washroom on the main floor of Westwood. Wayne’s workshop is
designed to help us make long and short term decisions about our
Rev. Wayne Walder besides being a UU minister and active international study-
tour leader is also an experienced builder and member of the Canadian
His publication, Thinking of a New Church Space, eh? (CUC publication, 2004)
is a useful background piece for those thinking about current and future
congregational buildings and makes an excellent “summer read”! It is available here.
Wayne is currently on the Board of “Visioning Spaces” and “Unitarian
Commons”. The commons is lobbying to build the first cohousing community in