Here are some of the Highlights of the March 4, 2019 Westwood Board Meeting:
- Our Westwood Winter Buster fundraiser event was a great success financially, socially, and gastronomically! KUDOS to the Fundraiser Committee, to the many volunteers, and to all folks who attended!
- We planned for upcoming What’s Next Workshops which include two options:
1)All day Saturday 9 – 4 PM on April OR
2) a series of three evenings, 7 – 9 pm, on March 28, April 10, and April 17.
- MOTION approved to affirm as new members George (Gerry) Shaw, and Damien McAndrews
- MOTION approved to accept Lisa Stein’s offer to serve as Westwood’s special events coordinator
- The Board extends a very big THANK YOU to Lori Crozier, our Building and Grounds Chair, for trouble-shooting and coordinating the building’s many repairs this past month!
- Thank you to the Social Justice Committee for setting up the new smart screen in our sanctuary. Training on its use is available.
- We discussed potential grants we may be eligible to apply for in the coming months.
- We note that this year’s CUC AGM will be held on the weekend of May 11th. People are welcome to join the delegates for coffee and sit in for the online the meeting in the Westwood basement on May 11th.
- Next month’s board meeting will be on April 11th offsite. Contact the president, Lorian if you wish to attend.