Here are some of the Highlights of the March 5, 2020 Westwood Board Meeting:
- We discussed plans to prepare a message to the congregation on a Corona virus response.
- The Board discussed and completed this year’s ministerial performance review, resulting in a positive outcome. The board has made suggestions to improve the current evaluation instrument.
- The social justice committee has sent an email out on March a brief survey monkey to get feedback from Westwoodians on preferred social justice plans. Please – check it out! The email subject: Westwood wants your opinion.
- The board has appointed two delegates to represent us at the upcoming Canadian Unitarian Council (CUC) AGM on the long weekend in May.
- The Social Enterprise team has met twice and meets again in March. They are working to create a basic outline for the program and will bring it to the board and congregation for reflection when it is ready. If you are interested in this process, please contact Reverend Anne.
- After many years of graciously hosting our annual BBQ, our president Lorian Kennedy is pleased to announce that Daryl Williams and Margret Schubert have offered to host the Westwood end-of-summer BBQ this year – Cheers all around!
- Thank you, Terry Anderson and Dennis Foth, for installing a new handrail on the stage stairs.
- We enthusiastically welcome our new nursery staff person, Sasha, who is a great addition to our R.E. team.
- We send a big Thank-You to Sara McEwan for volunteering to refresh our library.
- Westwood’s winter solstice committee is very pleased to report that Dawn Hunter is stepping up to chair the committee for our 2020 winter solstice celebration – hooray!
Submitted by Susan Anderson