Upcoming Events 2020
Youth and Young Adults
- Online – Gathered Here: Young Adult Check-In, February 10, March 9, April 13, June 8, July 13, August 10 – 8 p.m. ET
Gathered Here is a monthly online check-in and gathering for Canadian Unitarian Universalist young adults. Zoom (https://zoom.us/j/6792849010)
- Truth, Healing and Reconciliation Youth Con Pilot, February 28 – March 1, 2020 – Hosted by the Unitarian Church of Vancouver and North Shore Unitarian Church. Registration is now open until February 17.
Youth Registration: https://vancouver.breezechms.com/form/THR-youth-con2020-youthReg
Adult Advisor Registration: https://vancouver.breezechms.com/form/THR-youth-con2020-AdultReg
- Connect and Deepen – Virtual Gathering, Monthly – February 9, March 8 (2nd Sunday of the month), 4:00 – 5:30 p.m. ET
Join us for the opportunity to discuss matters of spiritual and theological significance in small groups and connect with people across the country.
- What’s In a Name? – Online roundtable via Zoom, February 22, 1:00 – 2:30 p.m. ET
A recent discussion on the CUC Leaders list focused on the language we use to describe our Unitarian Universalist communities. This Roundtable is an opportunity for us to consider the summary, to review some additional materials and then to share our questions. Registration deadline: February 13.
- Mission Statement: Who Are We? What Do We Do?, March 21, 1:00 – 3:00 p.m. ET
This webinar will provide some background on mission statements and will also give us an opportunity to practice using one as a decision-making tool. Registration deadline: March 12.
- Annual UU Midwinter Retreat – 20/20 Visions, February 7 – 9
Keynote Speaker: Rev. Peter Boullata, enjoy workshops and outdoor/indoor activities. Registration is open now!
- Our Whole Lives Facilitator Training: Young Adult/Adult/ Older Adults, February 7 – 9, Unitarian Congregation in Mississauga
The goals of this workshop are to prepare the participants to implement the Our Whole Lives curriculum as well as the Sexuality and Our Faith component. Through a varied program including practice and participation activities, the trainers will cover implementation techniques, information about development for this age level, curricula details, and technical information. Trainers: Rev. Christopher Wulff and Monica Bennett. Registration is open until January 29 at midnight or until 20 participants have registered.
- 2020 CUC National Annual General Meeting and Conference, May 15 – 17, 2020, Halifax, Nova Scotia Hosted by the Universalist Unitarian Church of Halifax
The theme for Conference 2020 is Making Waves! More information coming soon.
- CanUUdle XX: Celebrate 20 years of CanUUdle!, May 15 – 18, 2020, Halifax, Nova Scotia
Hosted by the Universalist Unitarian Church of Halifax
CanUUdle is the beloved annual youth conference where youth and adult allies from across Canada (and sometimes from the States!) gather to worship, build community, and grow in their Unitarian Universalist identities alongside the multigenerational National Conference. In 2020 CanUUdle will be celebrating its 20th anniversary. Registration will open in winter 2020. More information coming soon.
- Chorus 2020: National Young Adult Conference, May 15 – 17, 2020, Halifax, NS
Join UUs from across Canada at the National Conference, where the theme for 2020 is Making Waves. There will be specific programming, worship, and socializing opportunities just for young adults within the multigenerational Conference, as well as the beloved Bridging Ceremony and dinner with the youth of CanUUdle. Registration will open in winter 2020. More information coming soon.
- UU-UNO Intergenerational Spring Seminar On Climate Justice, April 15 – 18, 2020, New York, NY
- Unitarian Universalist Association General Assembly, June 24 – 28, 2020, Providence, RI
Early registration available through March 15.
- International Council of Unitarians and Universalists (ICUU) Meeting & Conference, October 26 – November 1, 2020, Montreal, Canada
Supported by the CUC, this ICUU Conference is an excellent opportunity to meet and get to know UUs from all over the world. Donations from Canadians go to support leadership development for participants from emerging members groups. More information coming soon.