11135-65 Avenue Edmonton, Alberta T6H 1W3 · Traditional Lands of Treaty 6 First Nations and the homelands of the Métis Nation of Alberta Region 4
Westwood relies on the volunteer activities of its members and friends to fulfill our purpose to be a compassionate community of free religious thought, inviting all people to rest, grow and serve the world.
We always have opportunities to serve and to learn! We provide training and support for all of our volunteers. Our volunteers are active in all the areas represented on this web site, and are delighted to help newcomers get connected to an area of interest.
Sorry, we couldn't find any posts. Please try a different search.
What do you enjoy? Where would you like to grow?
Every Sunday Morning, and for special events, we rely on a team of volunteers that include one or two technical support people to run the Zoom meeting, monitor the chat and record the service or event.
Would you like to learn?
No experience necessary. We’ll be happy to provide training and a mentor to get you going.
To volunteer, request more information, or training contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sunday Service Leaders/Hosts
If the opportunity to meet with others on Sunday morning is important to you please volunteer to host a week. Training and support are available.
Service leaders open the building on Sunday morning, greet people and do parts of the service such as readings, candles, and offertory.
Sunday Serendipity Services Host
Help keep Westwood open for the summer and on holiday weekends by volunteering to host at least one Serendipity Service.
What is this?
- An informal in person gathering on summer and holiday Sunday mornings where people have an opportunity for sharing and conversation.
- No tech skills required. See host expectations below.
Sunday mornings from June 26-September 4 and on holiday weekends throughout the year.
Suggestions will be provided and the host is free to choose a topic near and dear to their heart as well.
- Have Westwood open from 10 am to 12 pm.
- Extend a warm Westwood welcome to anyone wishing to participate and provide relevant contact information for newcomers.
- Set up the chalice and candles for sharing of joys and concerns.
- Use a conversation starter: a reading, picture, music, short video, questions etc. to encourage reflection, sharing and respectful listening.
- Ensure the building is left clean and locked. Check all doors and windows before departure.
Making short videos? slideshows? photography?
Experienced? Great! Want to learn? Super!
You are welcome to join our Video & Media Team. These are the people who find or create media for our web site, YouTube channel, Facebook page and Twitter.
Meeting new people? Helping them connect?
- People who enjoy reaching out to others.
- Help creating and maintaining a welcoming space and paths to membership.