11135-65 Avenue Edmonton, Alberta T6H 1W3 · Traditional Lands of Treaty 6 First Nations
Assistive Listening Technology at Westwood
Westwood has installed Audio Everywhere, an assistive listening system. This system relays whatever is picked up by the microphones to the user’s own smartphone/tablet (WiFi capable device) and headset or hearing aids with bluetooth streamer. Ask our Sound Tech for help if needed.
- Download the free Audio Everywhere app from either the App Store (Apple) or Playstore (Android) to your smart phone or tablet
- Bring headphones/ear buds, or your bluetooth streamer device for your hearing aids
- We recommend a head set rather than ear buds, if available, to eliminate extraneous sounds that might cause interference.
- Speak to a Greeter to borrow a head set
When at Westwood:
- In Settings go to WiFi and choose Audio Everywhere
- When connected, go to the Audio Everywhere app and open it
- The app will do a Venue Scan and bring up a screen with 2 channels
- Choose one of the channels that comes up (either will work)
- Adjust the volume on your device to a comfortable level and you are set to listen
- For hearing aid users do all the above and ensure your streaming device is paired with your phone or tablet.
Note: for WiFi connected to the internet choose “Westwood” in your Settings
Important reading: What You are Saying When You Say I Don’t Need a Mic
Westwood Board Policy is to use a Mic whenever an event in the sanctuary has 10 or more participants.