11135-65 Avenue Edmonton, Alberta T6H 1W3 · Traditional Lands of Treaty 6 First Nations
Westwood has installed Audio Everywhere, an assistive listening system. This system relays whatever is picked up by the microphones to the user’s own smartphone/tablet (WiFi capable device) and headset or hearing aids with bluetooth streamer. Ask our Sound Tech for help if needed.
- Download the free Audio Everywhere app from either the App Store (Apple) or Playstore (Android) to your smart phone or tablet
- Bring headphones/ear buds, or your bluetooth streamer device for your hearing aids
- We recommend a head set rather than ear buds, if available, to eliminate extraneous sounds that might cause interference.
- Speak to a Greeter to borrow a head set
When at Westwood:
- In Settings go to WiFi and choose Audio Everywhere
- When connected, go to the Audio Everywhere app and open it
- The app will do a Venue Scan and bring up a screen with 2 channels
- Choose one of the channels that comes up (either will work)
- Adjust the volume on your device to a comfortable level and you are set to listen
- For hearing aid users do all the above and ensure your streaming device is paired with your phone or tablet.
Note: for WiFi connected to the internet choose “Westwood” in your Settings
Important reading: What You are Saying When You Say I Don’t Need a Mic
Westwood Board Policy is to use a Mic whenever an event in the sanctuary has 10 or more participants.